VistaJet grows team and launches Chinese website owing to passenger demand
For the six months to 30th June 2017:
- Program Membership sales increase globally by a record 57% as customer retention hits 91% across all regions*
- 12% year-on-year increase on passenger departures from China
- 100% customer renewal rate in Greater China in the first half of 2017
- VistaJet Chinese website launched at www.vistajet.cn
VistaJet continues to build on its China growth and demonstrates a commitment to the region by expanding its team and launching a Chinese language website. This follows a surge of interest from the April launch of a bespoke WeChat booking platform.
VistaJet’s USD2.5 billion global infrastructure demonstrates the company’s commitment to providing the ultimate business aviation solution for corporate leaders, governments and UHNWIs. Additionally, expansion plans in China are being geared to creating a seamless flying experience for the increasingly tech savvy Chinese customer.
The company launched its WeChat booking service in April 2017, allowing customers to access VistaJet’s fleet of over 70 fully-owned and identically branded aircraft worldwide, connect with a 24/7 global team to book their flights from their mobile phones and ensure that customers receive first-hand information, directly from the business – and without delay.
This is an exciting new period of customer growth for the business. VistaJet’s Program Membership sales continued to accelerate with a 57% year-on-year growth worldwide, while global customer retention reached 91%. China is one of the fastest growing markets for the company, with a first half 12% increase in passenger traffic departing from the country, and a 14% gain in passengers arriving. VistaJet has also sold over 6,000 new hours of annual subscriptions globally during the first half of 2017 alone. The company’s renewal hours more than tripled in the first half of the year, and the number of new Program customers rose by 61% compared to the same period a year ago. With its unique business model offering customers access to its full fleet without the asset risk, the Asia team secured a 100% customer renewal rate in Greater China.
This is undoubtedly a good moment to build the demand we are experiencing from around the world. Like all our patrons, the Chinese customer demands a perfect, bespoke flying experience and one that begins long before that first booking is made. This is the value that VistaJet offers all of its customers, and our focus is to provide them with the best possible service.
As a truly global aviation company, being global means understanding and catering for the unique cultural tastes and needs of each country. The launch of our WeChat booking system and a dedicated Chinese language website demonstrates our absolute commitment to create an unrivalled and tailored travel experience.
Leona Qi, President of VistaJet Asia
* Statements in this release are based solely upon information available as of the date of this release, are not a comprehensive statement of the Company´s financial results or positions as of or for the 2017 fiscal year, and have not been audited, reviewed, or compiled by an independent registered accounting firm. Therefore the financial information in this release is preliminary, unaudited and subject to revision upon completion of the Company’s closing and audit processes. The company assumes no obligation to update any information contained herein, save for any information required to be disclosed by law.